IAKS in partnership with the National Sports & Physical Activity Convention (NSC), will be hosting a joint and integrated conference in Australia in June 2024. The NSC is one of the most successful community sport and leisure conferences in the Australasian market. The 2024 event will also include a multi-city tour based around the Olympic Games and best practice case study venues in Australia:
- Melbourne – Known as Australia’s “capital city for sport”, host of the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix, The Australian Tennis Open, The MCG, the 1956 Olympic Games as well as the host city for the 2026 Commonwealth Games. With major stadia within walking distance to the heart of the city, it will play host to many global events over the next decade. Melbourne is also the host city for the NSC/IAKS Southern Hemisphere Convention.
- Sydney – The legacy of the 2000 games, almost a quarter of a century later, what is the impact and outcomes for the community, sport in Australia, the new suburb created from the Athletes Village, the new industries that have been created around the iconic stadia.
- Brisbane – Planning for 2032 and what will the next 10 years hold for a new generation Games, hosting sustainable games and the impact on facilities, infrastructure, and participation.
As part of the partnership, IAKS is seeking that their experts consider sharing:
- The key trends that they believe should be featured as part of the IAKS/NSC convention
- Suggested speakers or EOI topics that key experts are interested in
The key themes are:
- Active cities – Planning and designing to inspire the next generation to be more active
- Community sport, leisure and wellbeing centres – imaging healthier and more inclusive communities because of the innovative outcomes
- Growing participation –aspiring to grow participation through innovative approaches to inspire the whole community to be more active, to play, recreate and participate in community sport
- Play and play environments – to nurture and cultivate curious minds while having fun and becoming more physically literate
- Sustainability – innovative ways to protect our environments for future generations in a manner that encourages imagination, drives innovation and enhances functionality
- Sports Surfaces – that embraces the challenges for usage, while innovatively encourage greater usage
Submission for guest speaker positions at the Southern Hemisphere IAKS event to be held in Melbourne (Australia) 26th to 28th June 2024 are required by June 15th 2023.
Submission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org including a synopsis of the feature and/or short biography of the speaker and 300 word limit abstract of the topic.